The Henry Lester Trust Limited, named after Henry Lester who spent most of his life in Shanghai and who died there in 1926, considers applications for a grant from those who meet the following conditions:
- Citizenship of the People's Republic of China.
- Studying at a United Kingdom university or research establishment at postgraduate level or higher.
- Studying or researching in the subject areas of architecture (to include civic planning, construction management, etc), medicine, computer development, and mechanical sciences.
- Formal written support of the applicant's professor, head of department or similar senior person.
- The applicant will return to China.
- The knowledge and skill obtained will be for the benefit of the people of China generally.
- No grants are given for study or research outside the United Kingdom or for seminars or conferences
Currently no formal application form. All applications must be made in writing (see contact details). Applications must include the formal written support of the applicants professor or head of department, full details of the course or area of research, a detailed CV, a calculation of the amount sought, and an indication of the intention to return to China in due course.
For further information please contact:
The Barn House
Tel 07771 596 599
Citizens of the Peoples’ Republic of China (including Hong Kong)