Kent, a top 20 research university, provides a vibrant and challenging academic environment informed by an international perspective and collaboration with top-ranked universities around the world. Our global partnerships provide the foundation for Kent’s international approach to research and teaching.
£12.2m postgraduate scholarship fund: taught and research funding includes:
- 100 Vice-Chancellor’s Research Scholarships incorporating Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- AHRC DTP2 for Humanities and Arts South-East (CHASE)
- ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership (SeNSS)
- ARIES NERC Doctoral Training Partnership
- EPSRC DTP
- Global Challenges Doctoral Centre scholarships
- Location-specific scholarships for taught and research programmes
- Philanthropic awards
- Subject-specific PhD project and Master’s funding
- Scholarships for study abroad and excellence in sport and music
Kent has 21 academic schools as well as a wide variety of centres across the arts and humanities, social sciences, medical studies, and science and technology. Use our Find A Supervisor tool to find out more about our academics research interests.
We offer postgraduate study at Canterbury, Medway, Athens, Brussels, Paris and Rome and also supervise external PhDs.
Deadlines vary but the majority of applications for research funding must be made by dates throughout January 2019. To apply for any funding you must first make a formal application for study at the University of Kent. Applications may be considered later than this deadline depending on school allocation processes; further information will be available on school websites.
Find out more
Book a place at our Postgraduate Open Event on 24 November to hear from the Dean of the Graduate School, meet academics, students and the scholarships team, and to attend our session on writing a successful research proposal. Visit our website to find alternative ways to meet us.