The Aerosol Society aims to award annual scholarships to new graduates undertaking a course of study leading to a Doctorate at a United Kingdom or Irish University.
These scholarships will support, reward and encourage outstanding PhD students who are engaged in aerosol science. At the same time they will gain some experience in the presentation of work to a scientific audience. During their final year of study, our scientists are requested to present their research at a relevant Aerosol Society meeting or conference.
Applications will be invited for the next round of these awards in January 2019.
- Candidates are required to be a current member of the Aerosol Society.
- Candidates must be a graduate undertaking a course of study leading to a Doctorate at a United Kingdom or Irish University in order to be eligible to apply for this Research Scholarship.
- Candidates must be in full-time further education and must have registered for their research.
- Please note – if you are in receipt of an award/salary at a level significantly above standard Research Council grants, unfortunately you are not eligible (at the discretion of the Aerosol Society committee).
- The research being completed should fall into the broad area of Aerosol Science and could encompass (but not limited to): airborne particles or droplets in relation to aerobiology, agriculture, atmospherics, coagulation, condensation, deposition, diffusion, dynamics, electrostatics, evaporation, filtration, generation techniques, industrial processes, inhalation, instrumentation, light scattering, manufacture, occupational hygiene, radioactivity, respiratory disease, resuspension, sampling, shape, standards, therapy and thermodynamics.
- Projects may be directed at the exploration of basic problems, or may be of a more applied nature.
The Aerosol Society
P O Box 34
Tel: 01275 818666
Fax: 01275 861009
Check eligibility with Funder.