If you're passionate about shaping young minds and committed to ensuring your pupils reach their potential as they work towards qualifications that will affect their life chances, then teaching at Secondary level is for you. We will empower you to inspire the next generation.
A PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) with us gives you both an academic qualification and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status. It’s the ideal foundation for an inspiring career with opportunities for development.
• You’ll also achieve 60 credits a Level 7 which you can use towards a Master’s degree should you choose to.
• Train in our brand new £41 million, state-of-the-art facilities with a range of specialist teaching spaces, including science labs, drama studio, music rooms, art and design rooms, and facilities for all elements of design and technology.
• Substantial bursaries available for many subject areas, depending on the level of your qualifications.
• Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses, for which there are usually no fees and a bursary is paid, are available in a range of subjects should your subject knowledge need a boost before beginning your PGCE.
• 97.5 per cent of the School’s postgraduate students are in employment or undertaking further study 6 months after graduation (latest DLHE survey results 2015/16).Many PGCE Secondary courses, such as Art and Design and Design and Technology having achieved 100 per cent employment for 5 years running!
• Partnerships with hundreds of local secondary schools provide you with a wide range of school experiences.
• As a leading provider of education professionals in the West Midlands, we have the expertise to help you get the best start to your teaching career.
So if you have (or are expected to achieve) a 2:2 or higher in your undergraduate degree why not find out more about our secondary teacher training programmes and apply now.