If you're passionate about shaping young minds at a key stage in their development and committed to ensuring all children reach their potential, then primary teaching could be for you. We will empower you to inspire the next generation.
A PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) with us gives you both an academic qualification and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). It’s the ideal foundation for an inspiring career with opportunities for development.
• You’ll also achieve 60 credits a Level 7 which you can use towards a Master’s degree should you choose to.
• Train in our brand new £41 million, state-of-the-art facilities with a range of specialist teaching spaces, including a primary science lab and sports hall.
• 98.8 per cent of our PGCE Primary students in employment or undertaking further study 6 months after graduation (latest DLHE survey results 2015/16).
• Get to focus on either the 3-7 or 5-11 age ranges or take one of our Primary Teaching courses with specialism in Mathematics or Special Educational Needs.
• Partnerships with hundreds of local primary schools, including schools for children with special needs, provide you with a wide range of school experiences.
• As a leading provider of education professionals in the West Midlands, we have the expertise to help you get a great start to your teaching career.
So if you have (or are expected to achieve) a 2:1 or higher in your undergraduate degree why not find out more about our primary teacher training programmes and apply now.