If you're passionate about shaping minds and committed to ensuring your pupils reach their potential as they work towards qualifications that will affect their life chances, then teaching at Secondary level is for you. We will empower you to inspire the next generation.
A PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) with us gives you both an academic qualification and QTS (Qualified Teacher Status. It’s the ideal foundation for an inspiring career with opportunities for development.
• You’ll also achieve 60 credits a Level 7 which you can use towards a Master’s degree should you choose to.
• Train in our brand new £41 million, state-of-the-art facilities with a range of specialist teaching spaces, including science labs, a drama studio, music rooms, art and design rooms, and facilities for all elements of design and technology.
• Train to teach any subject offered at post-compulsory level: we’ll help you to match your degree – whatever that might be in – to one of the overarching subjects to allow you apply.
• Our PGCE Post-compulsory Education and Training students were earning an average starting salary of £24k six months after graduation, which is over £1k more than the usual starting salary of a Primary or Secondary school teacher (Main Payscale 1 2017/18).
• Partnerships with a range of further education providers, including colleges and prisons, provide you with a variety of experiences.
• As a leading provider of education professionals in the West Midlands, we have the expertise to help you get a great to start your teaching career.
So if you have (or are expected to achieve) a 2:2 or higher in your undergraduate degree why not find out more about our PGCE Post-Compulsory Education and Training programme and apply now.