Our MA Education programme focuses on educational practice using methods of practice-related inquiry. Building on our recognised excellence in postgraduate teaching and research, this programme offers a structured pathway for professional development and scholarship in general education, including option module choices, as well as three possible subject specialist pathways: Early Childhood Studies, Mathematics Education, or SEN and Inclusion.
Please note that specialist routes and option modules on offer may change, so contact Admissions teams to check availability for your year of application.
• Take the opportunity to research through a specialised pathway, tailored sustainability and outdoor learning modules, or your own area of interest.
• Benefit from Saturday, weekday and evening face-to-face provision and tutorials offering flexibility for professional practitioners.
• Learn from experienced educators who have first-hand familiarity with the challenges and possibilities of educational practice.
• Further develop your expertise in specific educational issues of interest to you.
• Develop the ability to undertake systematic inquiries and the capability to respond to ethical issues through critical analysis and decision making.
A relevant degree with honours or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent. Pre-sessional English language courses are available if you do not meet these requirements.