Closing date: 23 March 2019
Start date: 1 October 2019
The Department of Computer Science at Swansea University invites applications for PhD study funded by EPSRC. Research can be undertaken in any area related to the department’s research expertise including:
- Data Science
- Logic and Verification
- Visual Computing
- Human-Computer Interaction
Visit the Department of Computer Science website for our research expertise and contact a potential supervisor or the Computer Science Postgraduate Research Admissions Tutor, Dr Arno Pauly (email@example.com).
The Department of Computer Science is part of the Computational Foundry, a world-class centre for computational research, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government. The Computational Foundry has dedicated research labs, runs specialised seminar series, frequently hosts international guest researchers from academia and industry, and is involved in large UK- and EU-funded research projects that provide opportunities for additional training and research visits at partner universities. Together with its 58 research active staff, this makes the Computational Foundry a great place for doing a PhD.
For more details please see here: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships/research/computer-science-epsrc-phd-2019.php
Candidates must have a first or upper second class honours or a Master’s degree with Merit (or equivalent), in a relevant discipline.
For candidates whose first language is not English, we require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. Please visit our website for a list of acceptable English language tests. We prefer candidates to have already met the English Language requirements at the point of application, although this is not a requirement.
Studentships funded by EPSRC are subject to UK/EU residency eligibility.
To apply, please complete and return the following documents to the College of Science:
- College of Science PGR Scholarship Application
- Academic References – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline, as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please either include these with your scholarship application or ask your referees to send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Transcripts and Degree Certificates – academic transcripts and degree certificates must be submitted along with the scholarship application by the funding deadline. We will be using these to verify your academic qualifications.
- A recent CV
- Applicants should use the ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ section of the application form to indicate, in broad terms, their proposed research interests within one of the areas specified above.
Please email the documents to email@example.com or post them to:
Recruitment and Marketing Team
College of Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Informal enquiries and queries on eligibility may be directed to the Postgraduate Research Admissions Tutor Dr Arno Pauly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This scholarship is fully funded for three years covering UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,009 per annum.